MANHATTAN - Today, Dan Quart for District Attorney announced that the campaign has made over 100,000 direct voter contacts in under two months. Over 30,000 of these were from in-person canvassing, shown to be the most persuasive kind of voter contact.
“We are building the strongest organizing program of any campaign, one that will carry us to victory in a crowded and competitive primary like this one,” said Quart campaign manager Leslie Joy. “This race won’t be won with Wall Street hedge fund money or suspect polls. Our campaign will win through meaningful conversations with hundreds of thousands of Manhattan voters. Not only has our campaign built the strongest field program of all the candidates for District Attorney, Dan’s more than 20 years as a community lawyer and more than 10 years fighting for reform in the Assembly means voters know Dan, his values, and his record of delivering for them.”
Building on momentum from a number of prominent endorsements, the campaign has welcomed hundreds of new supporters to the team in the past few weeks. The organizing program will continue to scale rapidly in the final 9 weeks of this election, bringing Quart’s vision of safety and fairness to all voters.
Dan’s campaign has been endorsed by:
- U.S. Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney
- Activist and actor Michael K. Williams
- NYS Senator José M. Serrano
- DNC Vice Chair and former NYS Assembly Member Michael Blake
- NYS Assembly Member Carmen De La Rosa
- NYS Assembly Member Harvey Epstein
- NYS Assembly Member Ron Kim
- NYS Assembly Member Robert Rodriguez
- NYS Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright
- Former NYS Assembly Member Aravella Simotas
- New York City Council Member Diana Ayala
- New York City’s first Public Advocate Mark Green
- CWA Local 1101
- IATSE Local 1
- Chelsea Reform Democratic Club
- El Nuevo Caribe Democratic Club
- East River Democratic Club
- Eleanor Roosevelt Democratic Club
- Four Freedoms Democratic Club
- Lexington Democratic Club
- Gender justice advocates who fight for workplace safety Leah Hebert, Elizabeth Crothers, and Rita Pasarell
- Local criminal justice activists Jeffrey Deskovic, Colin Absalom, T.S. Candii, Derrick Hamilton, and Taylonn Murphy Sr.
About Dan Quart
: Dan Quart is one of NYC’s top pro bono attorneys and a New York State Assemblymember representing Manhattan’s East Side. A Washington Heights native who grew up in subsidized housing with working-class parents, Dan was raised by a public school teacher and a social worker who taught him the value of public service. Since graduating law school, he has dedicated his career to standing up for tenants' rights and advocating for criminal justice reform.
As Manhattan’s next District Attorney, Dan will fight to end mass incarceration, hold law enforcement accountable for police brutality, and ensure that all Manhattanites feel safe. Learn more at DanQuart.com